Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The Kleinschmidt Bar collection contains the bar’s financial ledger for 1903 through 1904. Nicholas Kleinschmidt, 1866 – 1945, was the bar’s proprietor. Besides running his bar business, Kleinschmidt served as the proprietor of the Stahl Hotel. The Kleinschmidt Bar was located on the corner of Front and Plum in Mankato.
The Old Main Cornerstone Box collection consists of items taken from the cornerstone box in Old Main on the lower campus of Mankato State Normal School during its construction in 1869. The time capsule includes newspapers, business cards from local businesses, photographs, and university course offering catalogs. Additional items were added to the cornerstone box in 1923 and 1969.