Lundheim, Jeanne D., 1917-2008. Oral History Interview, 27 October and 3 November 1988.
The Jeanne D. Lundheim collection consists of an audiocassette, a CD duplicate of the audiocassette, and transcript of an oral history interview conducted between Lundheim and Victoria J. Van Duyn during the fall of 1988. Lundheim worked as a foreign language teacher from 1952 to 1986. In the interview, she focused on the changes that occurred during her career as a librarian, English, and French teacher at Central High School in South Minneapolis between 1952 and 1982 when the school closed. Lundheim discussed the community around Central, teachers unions and strikes, administrators, foreign language teachers, and more broadly educational changes in terms of pedagogy, student behavior, and the expectations of teachers.
This oral history interview was conducted as a requirement for the graduate level Educational Foundations course entitled History of Education in American Culture at Mankato State University in Mankato, Minnesota.
- Lundheim, Jeanne D., 1917-2008 (Interviewee, Person)
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property and libel laws as they apply.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Jeanne Lundheim donated this collection in October 1988.
- Central High School (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Educational change
- French teachers
- Lundheim, Jeanne D., 1917-2008
- Magnet schools
- Minneapolis (Minn.)
- Oral history
- Strikes and lockouts
- Strikes and lockouts -- Teachers -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis
- Teachers -- Minnesota
- Van Duyn, Victoria J. (Interviewer)
- Lundheim, Jeanne D., 1917-2008. Oral History Interview, 27 October and 3 November 1988.
- Jeff A. Jenson developed the finding aid
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Southern Minnesota Historical Center Repository
Minnesota State University, Mankato
PO Box 8419
Mankato MN 56002-8419 US