McVay, Genevieve A. (Mrs. Leo McVay), 1908-1999. Oral History Interview, 16 November and 8 December 1985.
The Genevieve (Mrs. Leo) McVay collection consists of an audiocassette and transcript of an interview conducted between McVay and Michael McVay during the autumn of 1985. In the interview, Genevieve McVay, a school teacher at Waterville, Minnesota from 1928 through 1941, discussed her experiences as an educator and her remembrances of living in Waterville during the Great Depression.
This oral history interview was conducted as a requirement for a course entitled History of Education in American Culture at Mankato State University in Mankato, Minnesota.
- McVay, Genevieve A., 1908-1999 (Interviewee, Person)
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property and libel laws as they apply.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Mrs. Leo McVay donated this collection in December 1985.
- McVay, Genevieve A. (Mrs. Leo McVay), 1908-1999. Oral History Interview, 16 November and 8 December 1985.
- Jeff A. Jenson processed the collection and developed the finding aid
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Southern Minnesota Historical Center Repository
Minnesota State University, Mankato
PO Box 8419
Mankato MN 56002-8419 US