MSU Catalogues. Collection, 1877-Ongoing
Scope and Contents
This series includes the Undergraduate Bulletins from the beginning of the State Normal School to the present. In this series there are several name changes for the publication including: Catalogue, Catalog, School Progress, and Bulletin. Some unique items in this series include summer school bulletins (which was a brief version of the Undergraduate Bulletin) and some promotional items about Minnesota State University, Mankato. There are a few years where the Graduate and Undergraduate Bulletins were published together. They are in this series.
Beginning in 1955 the University began publishing a separate Graduate Bulletin describing courses and programs.
General Education and Cultural Diversity Bulletin:
From 1989 to 2007 the University began publishing a separate General Education and Cultural Diversity Bulletin to emphasize and describe required courses for all Undergraduate students.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato (Organization)
Biographical / Historical
In the Collection Guide and the Collection, Catalogue, Catalog, School Progress, and Bulletin are sometimes used interchangeably. The Graduate Bulletins and General Education and Cultural Diversity Bulletins are also included in this collection. These specialized publications were added over the years.
The current academic catalogs going back 6 years from present are available on the Minnesota State Mankato website at the following: https://mankato.mnsu.edu/academics/academic-catalog
Academic catalogs older than 6 years are available on ARCH: https://arch.lib.mnsu.edu/islandora/object/MSUrepository%3Acatalogues
8.25 Cubic Feet (8 Archives Boxes 1 Half Hollinger Box)
Language of Materials
- MSU Catalogues. Collection, 1877-Ongoing
- Brandon Rykhus
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- 2007-03: This Collection was processed by Brandon Rykhus
- 2009-06: Additions to the collection were processed by Daardi Sizemore
- 2011-05: Additions to the collection were processed by Heather Harren
- 2012-09: Reorganization and additions were processed by Joseph Nowariak
- 2015-05: Additions to the collection were processed by Mee Xiong
- 2017-09: Mee Xiong made additions to the collection
Part of the Minnesota State University, Mankato University Archives Repository
Minnesota State University, Mankato
PO Box 8419
Mankato MN 56002-8419 US